Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday evening

I did get to make several signs for publicity tomorrow, which was fun. Tonight has mostly consisted of a bunch of random things, including data entry and a bunch of sorting and counting out materials for canvassing tomorrow. Tomorrow starts “Get Out the Vote” which sends lots of volunteers out into the community, which should be fantastic. Seeing lots of locals get involved will be cool, as well as joining up with people arriving from Iowa to help. It really is amazing to see so many people coming together in support of this candidate, especially people that are getting involved with a campaign for the first time. I still feel that this is really important to this country and that I am a part of something so much bigger than myself, bigger than New Hampshire.


Currently, I’m quite alone, as the entire office is watching the speeches following the announcement of Barack Obama as the WINNER of the Iowa Caucus!!! It’s exactly what we wanted to see – Obama on top and Hilary not in second! I, on the other hand, am sitting in another room, watching my Kansas Jayhawks battle Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. So far they’re ahead, but they’re making me quite nervous!


Watching Barack acknowledge the win was really awesome – his speech really blew the others out of the water. He’s so amazingly inspiring – it really reminds me why I am doing what I do. At the same time, I found it quite disappointing to see that Biden has dropped out. I really really hope that when all is said and done, he can be Secretary of State or Vice President. I think I’m actually going to abandon my darling Jayhawks soon so that I can manage to get some sleep tonight – they better keep this 10 point lead or make it even sweeter!

-Amanda

No comments: