Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 8


On our last day, Marc and I woke up reasonably early (which was relatively late compared to when we had been waking up!) to pack our things and head to the coast! We said our goodbyes to our wonderful host family, and then set off to pick up Zach in Kingston again. With the help of his GPS once again, we headed to Newburyport, Massachusetts to see the ocean and get some lunch. We wound up along a port, which was pretty cute, but I had kind of been expecting beaches. Oh well, the water would have been far too cold to wade in. After Marc and I got a picture, the three of us headed back up towards the “downtown” of the city to try to find something local for lunch. It started raining, which I thought was pretty in tune with my preconceptions of Massachusetts. We stopped a woman who told us that Angela’s CafĂ© was fabulous, so we headed in that direction. I got fish and chips, which I thought was really good – I’m glad I got seafood while I was up there! After we finished up, we walked through the town for a few minutes, and then headed back to Kingston to say our goodbyes to Zach. From there, it was off to Salem to pick up Clarissa and to the airport in Manchester. Our flights were amazingly all on time again and we all got our luggage in KC. I can safely say that I’ve never been so happy to be back in Kansas again!

- Amanda

No comments: